A study of the Greatness and Glory of God
Outline of the 7 Spirits of God
- The Spirit of God: The Spirit of judgment (namely of light and thus insight) over sin (Isaiah 4:4). In the end-time (last days) this Spirit will come “over all flesh” (Acts 2:17). It is God’s worldwide call to repentance/reformation.
- The Spirit of Divine mercy and supplication (Zechariah 12:10) and of new birth of God (John 1:13; 3:5; Titus 3:5) to all who wholeheartedly repent.
- The Spirit of His Son (the Comforter) to impart the works of the Lamb to all those that have completely surrendered themselves to Him (Galatians 4:6; John 14:15-17). The Baptism in the Spirit and in Fire (Matthew 3:11-12; Malachi 3:1-3).
- The Spirit of His Son to renewal (Titus 3:5): The Spirit that allows us to share in His resurrection(life). The purpose of the outpouring of the Later Rain in the end-time (Joel 2:23): to rebirth and growth to (the full) stature of the Fruit of the Spirit in us (Galatians 5:22; 2 Peter 1:3-4).
- The Spirit of His Son to participation in His anointing (on earth) (Isaiah 61:1-4). This in order to save (the people of) the world (1 Corinthians 12:4-7).
- The Spirit of His Son to sanctification (of our personal life) and to Divine justice (1 Peter 1:3-4; 1 Peter 1:2; Joel 2:23).
- The Spirit of the Father Who gives us Divine glory and perfection in Him (1 Peter 4:14; Ephesians 3:18-19; Isaiah 60:1-2; Matthew 13:43).
Introductory words to the 7 Spirits of God.
- “And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” (Revelation 4:5)
- “And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.” (Revelation 5:6)
- “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.” (Revelation 22:1)
These texts tell us that the Holy Spirit goes out from God; from the Father as well as from the Son (the Lamb). It is this Spirit of the Son, as God’s High Priest, that personally works out in the heart and the life of those that have turned to God (here on earth), and have surrendered themselves to Him in the confession of their sins, the work on earth – finished by the Lamb of God through His death and resurrection.
It is the Lamb of God, That sitting at God’s right hand as God’s High Priest, imparts step by step through His Spirit to those that have converted to God and to Jesus Christ, His salvation obtained by His death and resurrection; thus making such Christians partakers of His victory over (the power of) satan and sin, and so enabling them to walk, live and work in this world as conquerors over (the power of) satan and sin.
This Holy Spirit, this Spirit of the Father and of the Lamb of God, has 7 revelation forms, in Scripture called the 7 Spirits of God (see Rev. 5:6); we shall first look at these briefly before going into His revelation forms in more detail.
First, in His first revelation form, He tries to lead the sinner to true repentance; thereafter He will cleanse and sanctify him, after true surrender to Him, and then He will justify him.
- CLICK HERE if you want to read this study (or for printing by PDF)
By E. van den Worm
 We write the word “satan” not with a capital, as it is not a name, but a word meaning opponent or adversary, accuser.